Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Damsel PREVIEW!!

Hmm, gauging things by my blog activity, you might think it's been quiet in the Natalie Harris design studio. Well, you might have another think coming! In addition to the wonderful couture brides whom I love, we're expanding to offer custom bridal party design and launching two fashion collections. Ready to eat this up?

Ladies and Gentlemen, 2010 is the year that we take this dream to the next level. On February 25th, we will debut the Damsel Maids collection alongside a number of couture Bridal designs and the Jet Set Swim collection at an amazing independent design runway event in Dallas, The Pin Show. Retailers, if you're not already planning on attending, you're missing out! Not to worry, though, Houstonian fans - I'll be sure to share runway video as soon as I get my hands on it!


I'll be titling the Damsel Collection styles somewhat untraditionally: by nouns (rather than women's names or just number). I think it adds some funk. ;)
Without further adieu, just 3 from Damsel 2010 (bear with me - everything looks better on a model and in a real shoot):

'Valentine'
Three-tone, one-shoulder cocktail with sculpted rose detail, handstitched waistband, bias seaming.

'Umbrella'
Strapless satin/tulle/lace cocktail with peplum @ natural waist.
(Thinking I could love this one even more in a vivid shade like hot pink with black lace!)

'Anchor'
A boatneck, pencil-fit, T-back satin cocktail number.
(I'd designed a tulle hooded jacket to go with, but reworking that/considering swapping out for a print belt instead.)


Stay tuned for a preview of new styles from Jet Set Swim: Piccadilly (now in Gold/Black), Havana, Hyannisport, Chisinau, and more!

Dang it feels GOOD to see these collections coming together! I mean rolling-with-the-windows-down-your-jam-playing-volume-just-beyond-appropriate-fist-pumping kind of adrenaline GOOD. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

I'm so proud - and I must admit - there's something exciting about wanting to wear them myself!
(Speaking of - just for fun - I decided to start on a design I'm pondering for the Damsel Bridal collection down the line. A cocktail reception dress...which I'll wear myself for my walk! It'll be solid ivory of various shades. With the jacket for my walk, but without for pre-show cocktail hour.)


More news soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment