Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Home Studio

 After a crazy couple months of bridesmaids' orders and creating a new bridal collection, I had completely buried my workroom.  But look, I found it!   and realized that I've never really shown it off, as decorating at our house is always an ongoing process. 
 The ridiculous amounts of Ikea's 'Kassett' series boxes are a recent solution to my unmanageable amounts of fabrics in quantities too small to put on the lovely bolts hubs made.  For some, I cut out and placed a vinyl window.  So much easier and more functional now!
 One work still in progress is our compromise light fixture.  Naturally, I wanted a pretty chandelier, but hubs put his foot down and insisted the ceiling fan stay.  Therein, he volunteered himself to create a hybrid freak chandelier ceiling fan.  He's working on painting some crystals white, and the brass will be white eventually, also. 
The fan favorite quirky piece in my room is definitely the bizarre pineapple lamp.  It was a salvage from hub's grandparents' auction last summer.  Bizarre mid-century quirk that just happened to coordinate with the studio room. 



No comments:

Post a Comment