Friday, April 10, 2009

Religious Iconography via Easter

Happy Easter, everyone! He is risen.
I attended a very moving worship service this morning. Pastor Noack's message about keeping the spirit of Easter a priority struck a chord with me. Anyone who can talk about a departed loved one with so much confidence in their salvation has my utmost respect. That was amazing. Then I got goosebumps and was almost moved to tears as the orchestra accompanied some moving Easter hymns. I wouldn't normally go on about this, but it was just beautiful.
(It has always been my philosophy that the most effective evangelism is being a happy, healthy example rather than preaching, so if anyone takes offense to the above, you really are misunderstanding me.)

Along that same line of thought, I like to incorporate a little something into every design to really make people think twice. Interestingly, I've found that religious elements have an edgy duality to them. I stumbled across this awesome bangle the other day, and it got me thinking about styling for some new bridesmaids/cocktail designs. I think I'll use this Renaissance art inspiration as a subtle theme to kickstart the brainstorming process.

Other exciting news: my little brother just took his oath for the US Air Force! Holy cow! I think my patriotism just increased tenfold. I am so proud.

Also: shoot scheduled with Teddy Tran for bridal looks. I am going to have one rockin' catalog!

I recently re-designed the Jet Set Swim style "Cannes". Check it out:

New version (darn! hard to see)
Added length to the bandeau top, pleating through bandeau, lengthened bottom to allow for scrunching.






No comments:

Post a Comment